what are video consultations
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, your initial consultation with us will be a virtual one, before any face to face hands on treatment techniques can be provided.
Although we aren’t with you in person for this initial consultation and can’t provide our typical hands on assessment and treatment techniques right away, we can still carry out a comprehensive assessment of your injury and get the ball rolling with your recovery virtually.
We do this through having one of our experts assess you, educate you on your diagnosis, provide you with advice and a tailored home exercise programme to go away with.
In the event your clinician feels you need hands on treatment, or this is your personal preference, then your clinician will filter you into a face to face appointment, but only after you pass our pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors.
If your ache, pain or injury is something that your clinician is confident they can manage virtually, then they will continue to adopt this virtual approach for any follow up appointments you need with us.
Read the information below to find out more about how to book, what you will need and what to expect from your video consultation.
"I had a video consultation with Jonathan as I was having consistent back pains. We went through range of movement and areas it was affecting. After that we discussed a programme and I have to say from doing the programme my back pain has decreased 100% and my mobility has increased 100%. Even though we are in lockdown and can’t physically see people to help us, you can still get things going through video consultations. Thank you Jonathan for all your help and for anyone else wondering what to do if you're in pain and can’t move, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jonathan Clark Physiotherapy"
" I very recently had 2 hip surgeries, and my biggest concern when the UK went into lockdown was about losing both my momentum and the progress I had made with my rehabilitation. I worried that I would be left to face months of rehab alone. I was so relieved when Jonathan began to offer video appointments and I booked one immediately. During the video consultation, Jonathan asked about my progress and any problems I was having, just as usual. He reviewed my exercises, we went through some new ones, and he updated my physiotherapy exercise programme app, so I didn't forget anything. Knowing that I can still see Jonathan regularly makes me feel less anxious and more motivated to keep up the hard work. I feel very grateful that Jonathan is offering this service, and offering such support really demonstrates that the well being of his clients is his priority"
how do i book a video consultation?
- Simply click on the Book Now or Book Online button on our website. This will take you through to our online booking page
- Click on the Virtual 45 Minute Initial Consultation & Treatment
- Choose a date and time that works for you
- You will then receive an email confirmation of your appointment, and another email on the morning of your appointment with a link to your video consultation
- Click on this link at the time of your video consultation to join your physiotherapist
what will I need for a video consultation?
- An email address that we can send your video consultation invitation to
- A computer, iPad, tablet or phone
- An internet connection
- Space in front of the camera so that you can move
what does a video consultation involve?
We use Zoom for our video consultations, combined with Essential Anatomy 5 and PhysiTrack.
These platforms allow us to effectively educate you on your diagnosis with anatomical models of the body, and furthermore coach you on how to do the exercises we set for you with videos of each exercise.
- At the time of your appointment, click on the link to your video consultation to join your physiotherapist
- Your physiotherapist will introduce themselves, ask you lots of questions and get you to perform some tests and movements in order to identify the root cause of your problem
- Your physiotherapist will then educate you on your diagnosis, using anatomical models of the body to help you to understand exactly what’s going on
- Your physiotherapist will then give you a comprehensive treatment plan, which will include advice and a tailored home exercise programme that will be sent to you at the end of your video consultation
- If needed, your physiotherapist will then book another appointment with you at a later date
meet the team
Founder & Clinical Director
Sports and Exercise Therapist
Sports and Exercise Therapist
Lead Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist
Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist
Deputy Office Manager
OUR LATEST POSTS
Why do I get shin pain when I run? Are you a runner who is experiencing shin pain when you run, if so, don't delay starting your treatment! Visit our online booking page and start your road to recovery today! Appointments available at 19 Oxford Street in Southampton...
Get in touch
If you have any questions for us, please get in touch using the email contact form below.
Alternatively, feel free to give us a call on 02381 300260 or write to us at Jonathan Clark Physiotherapy, 19 Oxford Street, Southampton, SO14 3DJ