Did you know that 1 banana contains:
- Vitamin B6 (for nerve, brain, skin and circulatory health)
- Manganese (for bone production, skin health and blood pressure control)
- Vitamin C (for brain and immune system health)
- Potassium (to aid nutrient intake and remove waste products)
- Fibre (for healthy digestion)
- Copper (for antioxidant protection and cholesterol balance)
- Biotin (helps to break down fatty acids and glucose)
Bananas have been proven to boost cardiovascular health by maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. They can help aid digestion as well as enhance athletic performance due to their vitamin, mineral, and low glycemic carbohydrate content.
A study conducted in 2012 found that eating ½ a banana, every 15 minutes of a 3 hour cycling race was just as good at maintaining energy levels as processed sports gels and drinks!