Fitness on its own has little to do with weight management. To maintain a healthy and functioning body the food we eat is just as important as any workout!
1. Bananas: excellent for a pre-workout snack, high in potassium and easily digestible, bananas can enhance nerve and muscle function whilst keeping nutrient levels high!
2. Almond butter: this energy booster contains vitamin E, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and calcium! Try it as a dip with celery!
3. Pistachios and berries: this combination provides your body with both anti-inflammatory properties and long lasting energy! Helping to reduce potential muscle damage whilst keeping you energised (oh, and it’s a source of fibre!)
4. Fruit and vegetable juices (e.g. beetroot!): an easy way to get your daily intake of nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants. Did you know that beetroot contains nitrates, a component that can help increase blood flow to muscles!?
5. Eggs: your pre-workout protein source! Not only are they high in protein but also contain amino acids, enhancing cardiovascular endurance, muscle strength and recovery time.