Are carrots part of your 5-a-day?!
Their benefits explained:
- Slows down the ageing process; carrots contain Beta-Carotene, an antioxidant which reduces cell damage.
- Cleanses the body; packed with Vitamin A, carrots help to cleanse the colon and remove waste from the body.
- Enhances vision; this isn’t just a myth! The Beta-Carotene in carrots is converted into Vitamin A in the liver, this is then used in retina to form Rhodopsin, a pigment necessary for night vision!
- Improves skin health; reduces acne, dryness, pigmentation, blemishes and evens skin tone.
- Aids tooth and gum health; carrots help to stimulate gums and aid the removal of plaque. They also contain minerals which prevent tooth damage!
- Reduces risk of heart disease, cancer and infection; carrots also contain Alpha-Carotene and Lutein which help to reduce cholesterol.