A Message from our Clinical Director, Jonathan
I imagine your inbox is filling up with a wealth of emails concerning the unfolding Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
I wanted to reassure you that as always, the health and wellbeing of our customers and of our staff are of the upmost importance to us.
The high standards of infection control we already have in place, along with extra measures introduced in light of recent events, will help to significantly minimise the risk of infection in our environment.
What steps are we taking to minimise the risk of infection?
- We screen all clients over the phone for symptoms of Coronavirus. These include; a cough, high temperature and shortness of breath
- We advise anyone who is symptomatic of COVID-19, or who has returned to the UK from Category 1 or 2 areas in the past 14 days, not to enter the premises, and to stay at home as per the NHS advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
- We advise that all clients over the age of 70, or those with risk factors for COVID-19, stay at home
- We are encouraging our clients to opt for video consultations instead of face to face appointments
- We ask everyone to use the hand sanitiser provided when they enter and exit our clinic
- We disinfect all surfaces, couches, pillows, chairs and physiotherapy rehabilitation equipment before and after each client
- We disinfect all card machines before and after each usage
- Our staff all follow strict personal hand sanitisation procedures prior to starting work, before and after each appointment
- Our clinical staff are opting for hands off treatment where possible
- During a client’s physical assessment and treatment, our clinical staff are happy to wear disposable gloves upon request
- During a client’s physical assessment and treatment, our clinical staff are happy to a protective mask upon request
Which of our clinics are open?
Our 19 Oxford Street clinic remains open, in efforts to continue to provide an essential need for our clients that are suffering with pain and injury.
Our Jubilee Sports Centre clinic is closed until the 20th April, due to the University of Southampton’s decision to close until this date.
Our Solent Hotel & Spa clinic is closed until further notice, due to the government’s decision to force close all restaurants, bars and leisure facilities.
I’m worried I may have the Coronavirus?
If you are concerned you may have the Coronavirus, you can click on this link provided by NHS 111 and take a short questionnaire to check: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
I wish everyone well during these difficult times.
Please stay safe and I look forward to welcoming you all to Jonathan Clark Physiotherapy very soon.
Jonathan Clark, Clinical Director